Thursday 4 July 2013

"When Motherhood Never Happens"

I'm reposting this from www.jezebel.com

"Not having kids, having kids, letting life make the decision for you, regret, desire, the fucking Aniston headlines, it's a lot. They say the unexamined life is not worth living. I'd argue that on the other hand, the over-analyzed life is a suffocating wet blanket. Sometimes you have to just be.
And maybe instead of picturing myself as the straggler at the party, it's important to see beyond all the baby mama drama, recognize that on this side of the fence, there's plenty of love, good times, late nights, late mornings, travel, shopping, joy, indulgence, pleasure, accomplishment. It might not be celebrated, revered, fetishized on TV and in magazines the way the motherhood narrative is, but it's there. It exists"

http://jezebel.com/5908514/when-motherhood-never-happens


Dodai Stewart's on to something there with the over-analysed life.
Does anyone else feel like she's facing the same four options as me?
-resign myself
-keep hoping
-settle
-go it alone.
I'm considering opening an online poll.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

WTS Day XXXVI

You would think I was used to the heat by now but it is officially baking today. I didn't do any exercise today or yesterday. This is p...